Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Antsy


 The dictionary defines “antsy” as: Restless. Fidgety.

Etc.

This word, antsy, is how I feel a lot of the time. I feel antsy right now as I am typing this. I have a tendency toward antsiness. (And, yes, “antsiness” is a real word. Though I'm certainly not above making up words.)

I started wondering if the word means what it sounds like. What it feels like. It kind of feels like ants crawling on you. And, according to some online stuff, it does. It’s rooted in the phrase, “Ants in the pants.” Which people used to say about kids who couldn’t sit still.

I think there’s a game called Ants in the Pants. I remember playing it. I think our kids had it for a while years back.

Why do I feel so antsy all the time? I don’t know. Maybe I drink too much coffee. But, in fact, I feel more antsy when I have less coffee. Coffee settles me down. So maybe it’s caffeine withdrawal? I don’t think so. But you never know. And I don’t really care.

I actually get a lot done when I’m antsy. It makes me feel like I need to get things done. So I do.

Antsy = productive.

But I think it would be nice to be, you know, totally relaxed and calm. At least now and then. But I don’t feel that way very often. Hardly ever, to be honest.

I’m at peace. But I’m not relaxed. I’m antsy.


Peace to you.

© LW Publishing 2011

6 comments:

  1. When I have been like that in the past, it usually meant that I needed to go for a run. Now with three kids ... I don't have enough energy to be antsy. Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it doesn't mean I need to go for a run, because I'm not going for a run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good man! And why should you have to I say? Why should you have to?!?! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog when I was Googling 'antsiness' to check if it's a word, and I have to say I can relate to you.


    "I’m at peace. But I’m not relaxed. I’m antsy."


    It's good to know I'm not alone. :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I read your blogs regularly. Your writing style is witty, keep doing what you're doing! http://www.exoticcarrental305.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to my approval. All profanity and disrespectful comments will be deleted. Be nice or I will pretend you are not there.