Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are You . . . Talkin' To Me?

I was going through some of my photos and found this picture of a flower that was growing in the yard of a woman who lives a few doors down from me. And, well, uh . . . is it just me or, does this flower seem to have an attitude or what?



I can’t decide if it’s trying to get in my face or if it’s just curious. Maybe it just wants to know whus up? But it does seem clear to me that the little uptight guy to the upper right is definitely angry about something, don’t you think?

Anyway. Enough anthropomorphisms. I’m glad I caught this. This flower has flaws, but it still has beauty. Character. That’s why you won’t see one like it on a print at the mall. But I like how the sun found part of it and left the rest in shadow.

So much of creation comes and goes. You wonder if God will have it all recorded when people get to heaven so we can rewind and see some of it again? I feel, sometimes, like I could stare at a single flower for about a hundred billion years and still not fully grasp the creativity and complexity and beauty of the thing.

I might just do that.



Peace to you.





© LW Publishing 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to my approval. All profanity and disrespectful comments will be deleted. Be nice or I will pretend you are not there.