Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ode to Motherings

Signify offers the following, unearthed from subterranean vaults found in the hills of Ireland, just north of Dublin, during an excavation in search of meaning, translated from the Gaelic, and presented here without revision for your perusal and disregard. Hence...

Great motherings
I do declare
Have helped me through
Such great despair

So though I’ve never
Given birth
I know a mom
Is of great worth

I love my wife
She is a mother
No, not mine
I have another

But whatever
Mother mothers
The mothered know
They want no others

And so this day
Comes once a year
To give our thanks
To mother dear

With poems dismal
Verse abysmal
Flowers, cards
And such regards

I know you know
We love you mom
But, still, I say
Have a wonderful day

Anon...





Peace to you.


© LW Publishing 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to my approval. All profanity and disrespectful comments will be deleted. Be nice or I will pretend you are not there.