Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ode De Café




How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height of
My cup and cream, when drinking dark, not light,
For the best of beans and ideal Sumatran.
I love thee for the gift of everyday's
Morning brew, aroma and roast.
I love thee freely, as men strive to wake up;
I love thee purely, as they face the day.
I love thee with a passion for single source
For my waking needs, not lame house of Maxwell or other cans.
I love thee with a love that needs not approval
of sinners or saints, I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! And, if God choose,
I shall but love thee forever after death.



With apologies to EBB

Peace to you.

© LW Publishing 2011

2 comments:

  1. "For my waking needs, not lame house of Maxwell or other cans."

    I only mean to be affiliated with Maxwell House cans. Not actually drink that creek water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, very nice. a keen improvement on a sappy love poem.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to my approval. All profanity and disrespectful comments will be deleted. Be nice or I will pretend you are not there.